If you have always wanted to be able to decorate a cake but don’t have the time for a long course over weeks then this is the perfect worksop for you. Spend half a day learning how to create flawless finishes to your icing, create adorable sugar paste figurines amongst many other valuable tips and techniques needed to decorate cakes. This workshop is taught by Mihaela, who runs her own cake decorating business, making cakes for weddings, birthdays and other occasions. Your cake will keep for about 5-6 weeks.
You will learn all the basics you need to take away and decorate more cakes:
1) How to roll the icing and cover your cake so that the end result is a flawlessly neat finish
2) How to make different types of sugar figurines and flowers
3) How to work with icing and marzipan
4) How to colour sugar paste
5) Safest way to transport cakes
6) Understanding which cakes work best with which type of icing
You do not need to have any cake decorating skills for this workshop. So join us even if you just fancy learning cake decorating we guarantee you a blissful half day and plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits and cake to keep you fuelled.
Materials Provided to Keep:
We supply all the different types of icing and fondants you will be using on the day as well as cake boards to transport your cake home.
You will need to bring:
1 x 6 inch sponge cake
You can either bake your own cake or bring in store bought cakes. Either is fine. All major supermarket brands sell basic sponge cakes (approx £2.00).