After a demonstration of how to make the dough, each child will make his/her own pasta. Your child can choose from different shapes of pasta: tortellini, scialatielli, spaghetti, colourful pasta, tagliatelle (cut pasta) and ravioli (filled pasta). The ravioli is particularly fun as kids can create wonderfully shaped flowers and stars shaped pasta. Our pasta will also be all the colours of the rainbow your child can pick his/her colour. Colourful pasta is fun and healthy made with the best seasonal produce from farmers in England. After all the hard work, each child gets to take the pasta home.
Suitable for ages 3+ accompanied by an adult. Each person attending must have a purchased ticket. Children 6 years + do not need an adult present. Our tutor is DBS checked.
What do the kids learn?
- How much flour and eggs we use
- How to correctly knead the pasta dough
- How many minutes you should knead the dough for to obtain a smooth and elastic dough
- What kind of flours you should use for a perfect dough
- How to make colourful pasta.
- They find out where the ingredients come from
- They learn where to source the best organic, local and seasonal produce in your area
- They learn how to knead the dough and what ingredients to use
- They learn to focus and follow directions
- They learn new words and to measure stuff
- They learn to be organised and multi-tasking
All our children's workshops include juice or water, we always have plenty of cake on offer at every workshop and vegan friendly biscuits too for your children. If you require gluten free sweet treats please let us know!