The workshop is entirely hands-on. After a demonstration of how to make the dough, everyone will make his/her own piece of coloured dough. Then you will assemble all the colours together and make the shape. Bagel making is fun and healthy, made with high quality products and the best seasonal produce from farmers in England. After all the hard work, we boil the bagel together and then you take it home to finish off in the oven.
Suitable for ages 3+ accompanied by an adult. Each person attending must have a purchased ticket. Children 6 years + do not need an adult present. Our tutor is DBS checked. If you are an adult + child attending enter "bagelsfortwo" at checkout for £10 off.
What do the kids learn?
- How much flour to use
- How to correctly knead the dough
- How many minutes you should knead the dough for to obtain a smooth and elastic dough
- How to shape the dough to obtain the bagels
- How to make colourful dough and make colourful bagels.
- They find out where the ingredients come from
- They learn where to source the best organic, local and seasonal produce in your area
- They learn how to knead the dough and what ingredients to use
- They learn to focus and follow directions
- They learn new words and to measure stuff
- They learn to be organised and multi-tasking