The workshop is entirely hands-on. After a demonstration of how to make the dough, everyone will make their own piece of coloured dough. Then you will assemble all the colours together and make the shape. Bagel making is fun and healthy, made with high quality products and the best seasonal produce from farmers in England. After all the hard work, we boil the 6 bagels together and then you take it home to finish off in the oven.
What do the kids learn?
- How much flour to use
- How to correctly knead the dough
- How many minutes you should knead the dough for to obtain a smooth and elastic dough
- How to shape the dough to obtain the bagels
- How to make colourful dough and make colourful bagels.
- You find out where the ingredients come from
- You learn where to source the best organic, local and seasonal produce in your area
- You learn how to knead the dough and what ingredients to use
- You learn to focus and follow directions
- You learn new words and to measure stuff
- You learn to be organised and multi-tasking