Sew (sorry! Not sorry!) you are pretty confident with sewing straight lines, huh? But what about all those shapes that have curved edges? Well, this class is the go-to class for learning how to sew a curve! During this 2 part workshop we will show you how to make this curved quilted block, which you can turn into a wall hanging, so you can add a few more pieces to make a cushion cover, or add even more pieces to make an entire quilt!
Part One Covers:
- How to cut quilting pieces accurately
- How to piece them together efficiently.
- Best way to iron the block
Part Two Covers:
- How to assemble your quilt sandwich
- How to quilt the three layers together
- How to bind it and finish it off professionally
- How to add dowel holders if you would like to turn your piece into a wall hanging (see image)
Anyone who knows how to set up and use a sewing machine.
1 hour for the first session and 2 hour for the second.
Can't Make the Date:
Don't worry - you have access to a recording of the class for 14 days.
What Do I Need:
- 4 Fat Quarters for the front (although you won't use much so scraps will work too)
- 1 piece of fabric measuring 40cmx50cm for the back
- Wadding or felt (40cmx50cm)
- 2.5m Bias binding
- Dowel (optional)
- Sewing machine
- Pins, thread, scissors
- Rotary cutter, cutting mat and ruler are preferable but not necessary