Sew (sorry! Not sorry!) you know how to set up a machine and stitch a few straight lines, but what next? Well, why not learn how to master quilting? During this class we will show you how to make a stunning, geometric, mini quilt that you can turn into a wall hanging, cushion cover or pot holder! We love quilting, but we know that it can seem daunting to many people. So we are here to help you master this technique and feel confident tackling a larger quilting project in this 2 part series workshop.
Part One Covers:
- How to cut quilting pieces accurately
- How to piece them together efficiently.
- Best way to iron the block
Part Two Covers:
- How to assemble your quilt sandwich
- How to quilt the three layers together
- How to bind it and finish it off professionally
- How to add dowel holders if you would like to turn your piece into a wall hanging (see image)
Anyone who knows how to set up and use a sewing machine.
2 hours for the first session and 1 hour for the second.
Can't Make the Date:
Don't worry - you have access to a recording of the class for 14 days.
What Do I Need:
- 3 Fat Quarters for the front (although you won't use much so scraps will work too)
- 1 Fat Quarter for the back
- Wadding or felt (35cmx35cm)
- 2.5m Bias binding
- Dowel (optional)
- Sewing machine
- Pins, thread, scissors
- Rotary cutter, cutting mat and ruler are preferable but not necessary