Given this uncertain time with Covid-19 we wanted to let you know what steps we have been taking at Tea and Crafting to avoid attendees spreading or catching Covid-19 whilst visiting our space.
The information below is not exhaustive and as this is pretty unprecedented we are relying on good will and common sense to provides a safe and positive outcome for everyone.
ARE CLASSES STILL TAKING PLACE?
As of 12th March and until national guidelines change we will continue to host our workshops as scheduled.
WHAT IF I DON'T FEEL WELL OR I AM SELF-ISOLATING?
- Given the unique circumstances, we have relaxed our cancellation policy allowing you to transfer your workshop to another date (subject to availability) or a class with the same value where spaces are available.
- To transfer to another class, we ask for 24 hours notice via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) ahead of the class commencing.
WHY DO I NEED TO GIVE 24 HOURS NOTICE?
- Our tutors and other attendees sometimes have far to travel and book travel, and we'll be looking at classes every day to monitor class numbers and we need a some time to be able plan on our side.
- We are in regular communication with all tutors and if any of them have any symptoms or feel unwell we will take the decision to cancel their workshop too. I hope this doesn’t happen but in the event that it does, we will contact you as soon as we find out and let you know that the workshop will have to be re-scheduled and offer you new dates.
HOW DO I BOOK ONTO A NEW CLASS?
- You can check out our calendar and let us know of your preferred new date. Note that we will be updating our timetable to add more class dates, but please bear with us as we implement these changes. We’ll do our absolute best to accommodate everyone who is affected.
STEPS WE HAVE TAKEN TO KEEP ATTENDEES AND TEACHERS SAFE
- Areas that are touched often will be disinfected every morning and before each class this includes the door handle, tables and our telephone door entry system.
- There will be hand sanitising gel or wipes available for people to use before the class although we do encourage our guests to wash their hands thoroughly with anti-bacterial hand wash (for at least 20 seconds as recommended by the NHS) provided in our toilets before the class and use the gel during the class as needed.
- We have stopped serving our signature cupcakes on a cake stand and have replaced this with individually wrapped cakes or biscuits.
- Our tutors will be washing their hands thoroughly before the class and during the class as they see necessary. All shared tools will be disinfected before the start of the class and during the class as needed.
- We will keep one door open and / or a window open so there is an open air flow and the space is well ventilated at all times.
- The front door will mostly remain open as this avoids the door handle being touched multiple times by students coming in an out and going to the toilets.
- We are no longer using cafetières and teapots (shared) for our larger groups and all tea and coffee will be served individually.
I hope this re-assures you before coming to visit us, and also gives you some clarity on what to do should you not be well. Our crafty space will be a welcomed haven of colour and joy during this uncertain time and we’ll do what we can to remain open, unless advised otherwise, because passing on the crafty love it’s what we do best!
14th March 2020