Do you remember those latch hook rug kits you may have created as a child? It's a craft that was commonly used to make rugs, cushions and other soft furnishings (years ago), it's similar to weaving but its not weaving and its taking over people's Pinterest boards! We've added our contemporary spin to it and teaching you how to make a wall hanging with these craft skills!
During this session you'll learn all about the tools and materials needed to latch hook and how to create different yarns textures and effects with the yarn. The possibilities are endless.
Our latch hook workshop is perfect for those who want to just make a latch hook wall hanging as well as those who may want to learn more about this craft and experiment with different textures, colours and patterns, as during the session we'll discuss how to transfer a design onto the canvas as well as how to create different textures and looks.
We will end the online workshop with a demonstration on how to attach a wooden rod to your wall hanging and how to protect the edges from fraying.
What do I get:
In your lovely kit you will receive:
- Your canvas (30x25cm)
- Practice canvas so you can experiment!
- A lovely sustainable wooden latch hook tool
- Selection of practice yarn
- A cute little Tea and Crafting cotton bag to keep all your latch hook bits together
- A recording of the workshop
- A seasonal tea bag because what is crafting without a cup of tea!