Amigurumi dolls are big news in Japan and quite frankly we aren’t surprised – cute, dinky and each one with buckets of personality. Make like the Tokyo cool-kids and learn the basics of Amigurumi in this online lesson.
This session is perfect for expanding those crochet skills as you will learn:
- To crochet in the round
- Crochet invisible increase and decrease typical of Amigurumi
- Learn how to crochet the using the single crochet stitch (US) / double crochet (UK)
- Learn how to read Amigurumi patterns
Improvers - You do need to know basic crochet techniques. Try our beginners virtual or in-person crochet classes first. Details here
What You Receive:
We will send you a kit containing:
- 100g ball of wool - enough wool to crochet 2 bunnies
- Crochet hook
- Embroidery floss for your bunny eyes and a pair of toy eyes so you can decide on your bunny's face. We advise, for safety, using embroidery floss if gifting this to a young person.
- Toy stuffing to make your bunny extra squishy
- Instructional booklet with the exclusive bunny pattern
- A video recording of the workshop in case you can't make it on the day
- We will also provide you with a host of information on where to find some free patterns, some great amigurumi websites and inspiration as well as a 20% discount code you can use at Lovecrafts to purchase more wool and all your others crafty supplies.
If you're shopping for someone else but not sure what to give them ... why not treat them to a Tea & Crafting gift voucher. Our vouchers can be used on any workshop across the site (this includes online workshops too) and are automatically delivered by email with instructions to redeem them at checkout. Vouchers are valid for 12 months (however classes can be booked for a date that is beyond the 12 month period).
If you would like to schedule your voucher to be sent at a particular time, for example at 9.15am on someone's birthday - we can do that too! After you have purchased your voucher you will receive an email with an option to "Schedule" your voucher. Click this button to either send it immediately or to schedule it for a certain time on a particular date. Its that easy!
We know that sometimes gift cards are bought with a workshop in mind, however in the event that the workshop ceases to run, you will not be eligible for a refund. However we have an extensive range of workshops and are always adding so we hope that something tempts you!Would you like a physical voucher?
We now have the option of a physical gift card! Please let us know that you'd like one of these at the time of booking, if we don't get a message we will assume you prefer to send your voucher via email. Also please bear in mind that the last day for Christmas posting is 19th of December.
We will post you a kit with everything you need to make this bunny and knit along with you during this live online knitting lesson.
After our online knitting session you'll feel like a pro; you’ll have learned all the basics you need for knitting and you'll have a new hobby to get through lockdown and quarantine.
What Will I Receive in My Kit:
- A pair of our newest and cutest sustainable bamboo knitting needles with polka dot tips
- Yarn for your bunny
- A Cadbury's Creme Egg to put inside your bunny's belly
- Darning needle to sew up your bunny
- Squishy soft stuffing for your bunny
- Biodegradable tea bag to enjoy a cup of tea while you craft, because we are Tea and Crafting after all
Our expert textile artist will provide you with much inspiration on designs for your Jubilee themed Tote Bag or Tea Towel as well giving you plenty of tips and advice for taking this technique further at home and using your screen to screen print onto paper as well as fabric. This class gets booked up quickly we recommend you book early to guarantee your space on this fantastic workshop.
CLICK HERE FOR THE IN PERSON VERSION OF THIS CLASS
An Entire Screen Printing Kit is Provided to Keep:
- A tote bag
- Vegan Screen Printed Ink
- 1 handmade screen you can re-use for years on your screen printing adventure
You will need a paper scalpel and a cutting mat at home.
Choose from a range of colours and make it match your favourite outfit, experiment with the leather details and coloured thread to spice it up, attach hardware and sew up your bag! You will be surprised at how satisfying and fun it is to make a beautiful handcrafted item and walk away with your 100% recycled "you-made" bag.
Do I Need to Bring Anything:
You will just need a pair of scissors - everything else comes in your kit to make your own saddle bag!
All our workshops include unlimited tea, coffee and we always have plenty of cupcakes on offer at every workshop. If you require vegan or gluten free sweet treats please let us know!