Winter is all about cosy nights in, with soft lighting, reading in bed or on the sofa under a cozy blanket. It's been proven that lighting can have a calming effect on your mood and warm lighting creates a comforting and cozy atmosphere.
In this workshop you will get to create and play with air dry clay and when it comes to homewares it's such a great technique to know as you can really customise these handmade clay lamps without the need for a kiln.
During this session you will be working with air dry clay and we will talk you through some techniques and tips to achieve smooth finishes, and even rolling of your clay.
We will work with you step by step to create these cylindrical shapes for our lights and with the left over clay we will make a little trinket dish to match you lamp. We will also show you how to create that sought after speckled painted look.
What do I get:
- A 90% energy saving LED Edison Light bulb (in warm white)
- Electric fitting with switch for your lightbulb
- 1kg of Air Dry Clay
- Rolling mat to protect your surfaces
- A mould to help form the shape for your lamp
- Gloves to work with
- Clay sponge to achieve that final smooth finish
- Height measures for rolling out your clay
- Paint and brush to achieve this modern painted effect
- A recording of the workshop
What you need:
- A rolling pin (or anything that can be used as one such as a bottle of wine, drinking glass, or smooth water bottle for example).